Thursday, October 2, 2008

Welcome to our Blog!

Well, I am new to this blogging thing but figured it could be a good way to communicate and show what our busy boys are doing. There's always something going on here--good or bad! The school year has been off to a pretty good start with everyone adjusting well and welcoming a routine finally! August flew by in a blur of chaos and "boredom" if you can believe it! (You can safely assume that I was not the one complaining of being bored.) Logan began Kindergarten every day and has really done awesome! I expected a little more dragging of the feet, but he's jumped feet first into the roll of a full time student. He's also started soccer and is liking that as well. Caleb is in second grade (with his very own Grandma Susie as his teacher) and relishes the roll of big brother showing Logan the ropes and giving me daily reports. Well, for the first week anyway. As you know, Caleb is a mini Chris and so when his "teacher" says he needs to remain "focused" when doing his work, I have to wonder, "Is it even possible?" Instead of soccer, Caleb has already started hockey (yes, in September) twice a week and piano lessons. (Each activity on its own never seems like such a big deal, but combine them all in one family--Wow! The calendar fills up fast!) Peyton has really adjusted pretty well to having the big bros gone although, he still asks a couple of times a day, "Where'd the boys go?" He will get to "go to school" once a week starting next week in Early Childhood. I look forward to seeing him in action! I should clarify--in action in a school setting. I see plenty of action all day long with him at home. I am afraid I have yet another Energizer Bunny the Third (behind Chris and Caleb needless to say). Then we have the caboose. Little Colty Bear. Just as I see a lot of Caleb in Peyton, I do see a lot of Logan in Colton. Funny how that works. The jury is still out of course since he is only 8 months old. Colton has finally gotten the hang of this sleeping thing (well, except the last week and a half anyway.) I think I spent most of August training him. Now, of course, his first couple of teeth are entering the picture and the back-to-school crud the boys bring home is messing with my masterpiece. A full night's sleep is overrated anyway, right? I can't believe it's October already!

No comments: