Thursday, November 18, 2010

Brief Summer Recap

Well, it took me nearly all day, but I have briefly recapped our summer in a few pics and am now going to make every effort to keep up with some current updates! (Not that there is likely too many followers at this point as I don't recall when the last update even was...)
The above picture is of Logan, Peyton, and Charlie with a few of their captures. They spent hours and I mean hours frog hunting towards the end of the summer! Logan would get them hopping right into Peyton's quick but slimy hands and they were catching 15-20/day!! We did convince them to let them go in the evening as I did not want to be responsible for 20 new pets. Charlie helped when he visited and Colton was occasionally in the mix, but poor Caleb didn't know what to do with himself as Logan and Peyton were so into it and Caleb was the one left out. No interest in catching frogs I guess, only footballs.
We took a quick trip to Duluth with the big boys before school started and hit the Great Lakes Aquarium (Thank you Arrowhead Public Library System for the free passes--all you need is a library card!), Canal Park, 5 Guys Hamburgers and of course, the mall for shoes. Too bad Caleb couldn't decide between 2 pair and tried to push for both or none. Well, he ended up with none and was fairly upset more than half the ride home (very pleasant for all of us you can imagine). Well, he did eventually get his shoes but hopefully next time, he'll no we are not bluffing!

8 month old Ella--not crawling quite yet but thinkin about it! I missed out on the 7 month pic on the blue chair since we were on the cruise when she turned. Oh well, I've got plenty of pics of her on the ship.

Berry smoothie mustaches--Mmmm!

One of our many gorgeous MN sunsets (along with two gorgeous boys)


Ok, these pics are going from end to beginning so bear with me. This is towards the end of our wonderful Alaskan cruise we took in July. It was Chris, Ella and myself along with my parents also. It was great. This happens to be a sea lion we spotted after our successful whale watching excursion. Humpback and orca whale pics to follow!

A picture of our cruise ship the Silver Shadow taken from our little whale watching boat! Looks huge but was actually quite a bit smaller than your average cruise ship.
(Somehow, a little out of order I see)
Princess Ella in the sauna at Sand Lake!

Back to cruisin'. A self portrait of me and Chris outside our room on our own personal balcony.

Ralph, Sue, Me, Ella and Chris photo op

Back to whale watching...Yup! That's a big humpback whale that came really close to the boat. Fun and exciting!

Chris and I left Ella back with Grandma and Bumpa so that we could go on a float plane excursion. We were about 25 min up in the air and flew into an inlet to land so that we could enjoy a delicious crab feast. All the crab you can eat, wine, and topped off with cheesecake and Alaskan blueberries.

Chris the co-pilot--not scary at all!

This is a pic of one the the four orcas that were swimming in the inlet. I took the pic from the plane before we took off.

Early summer fun with our German cousins from Sweden! We had tons of fun with Lily and Calvin (and their parents) with many hours logged swimming at the lake. It was great weather for it and it's all the kids wanted to do! We didn't mind!

I just love this picture with Caleb, Calvin and Logan

2 more cousin buddies Peyton and Charlie


Ella at 6 months--love her summer dress!

Check out the Swedish football (soccer) uniforms courtesy of cousins Lily and Calvin. They wore them to play a little baseball at Wuori

Sand Lake bikini babes--Bethany, Ella and Morgan

No comments: